LifeMech, (“LifeMech,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) believes that transparency is vital to protecting people’s privacy, particularly in a global pandemic.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
1. Information We Collect and Use
When we use the term “personal information,” we mean any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual person.
We collect your information in a limited number of cases including:
- Information You Provide to Us.
We may collect and use personal information you provide to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us or Newsletter. If you communicate with us through our electronic Contact Us form, any electronic communication, or through signing up for our newsletter, we collect your contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, the content of the communication and the metadata associated with the communication. We use this information to communicate with you or send you the newsletter and respond to your inquiries. If you wish to stop receiving email communications from us, please see the “Privacy Choices" section below.
LifeMech respects your rights in how your personal information is used and shared. You may request access or corrections to your personal data and make choices about the kinds of marketing materials you receive (or choose not to receive marketing from LifeMech at all). If you are in Europe, you may have additional rights under the GDPR. Additional choices and rights may be available to you.
- Information We Collect Automatically.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of basic usage information when you visit our Website, or otherwise engage with us online. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- When you access our sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, or your approximate location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Information about the way you access and use our Website, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Website, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you access the Website from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Website.
We use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Website; (b) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (c) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (d) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Website.
- Other Uses of Personal Information.
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop, maintain, improve and operate the Website.
- To communicate with you to provide technical or administrative support.
- To operate, manage and grow our organization.
- To prevent, investigate and provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, the Website or our data systems, and to meet legal, regulatory, judicial and institutional policy obligations.
- To investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our Terms of Service.
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
2. How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as technology providers, including technology support providers, email and push notification communications providers, analytics providers, data storage providers, and web hosting providers and developers.
- Within LifeMech. We are able to review, collate, publish, and disseminate information about mechanically assisted ventilation devices, because of the hard work of the entire LifeMech team. The LifeMech team may disclose your personal information to the professionals, volunteer engineers, agencies, organizations, and companies participating in the group.
- Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law. We may also disclose personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, to protect against fraud, or to enforce our legal rights.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information as part of an organizational business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, or sale of organizational assets and may transfer personal information to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. We may also disclose personal information in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- At Your Request. We may disclose your information publicly or with another third party with your prior authorization.
3. Privacy Choices
You have some choices regarding how we use your personal information, including the following:
- How to Control Your Communications Preferences. If you wish to unsubscribe from our email communications, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., technical or legal notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, please contact us directly at privacy@LifeMech.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- Access, Correction to or Deletion of Your Information
If you would like to correct or update your personal information, or to request access to or deletion of your personal information, you may contact us by: Visiting the specific product or service website and using the online Contact Us link. If you request a change to or deletion of your personal information, please note that we may still need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. Some of your information may also remain within our systems and other records where necessary for compliance with applicable law.
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you. You may also have a legal right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You can make such a request by making a written request to our in one of the ways described in the “How to “Contact Us” link on our website section below. We may charge a processing fee for this service where permitted by law and we will require evidence of your identity before fulfilling your request.
- Data Privacy Rights Specific to Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are in the EEA, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by making a written request to our “Contact Us” link on our website. in one of the ways described in the “How to Contact us” section below.
Similarly, if we have collected your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect (1) the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, or (2) processing your personal information under other legal bases.
If you believe we are using your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice or for more information about your rights, contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.)
4. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on the Website and the Website is not targeted towards anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from someone under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have received information from a child under 13, please contact us at privacy@LifeMech.org.
5. Links to Other Websites and Services
The Website may contain links to third party websites or services. You may also be able to interact with us or our Website through third parties, such as social media sites.